Please note this oil skimmer is made to order. Contact us to place your order.
The 25K316SSB is a 25 000L / hour floating stainless steel oil skimmer.
Measurements: 850mm x 850mm x 600 deep.
Draught: 450mm (from the water level to lowest part of the float) Floats: 600mm high.
Total weight: without ballast is 18.05kg plus packaging.
Materials: 316 stainless steel
Accessories: Complimentary plastic trash guard made with 20mm polyethylene grate for those situations where larger particles need to be prevented from entering the water purification stream.
- Simple installation and operation.
- Unaffected by heat to 100c.
- Robust 2mm Marine grade stainless steel (316SS) has high resistance to corrosion.
- Polypropylene heat alkaline and acid proof fittings.
- Self-adjusting Concertina skimmer head, unaffected by changing water levels.
- Low maintenance - no mechanical moving parts.
- Can be supplied with connection to suit client needs.
- Floats level in rough water, well suited for emergency recovery.
- Can be controlled remotely.
- The Floating concertina Head is available without floats for fixed positions
- Capacity, effective to over 25,000 liters per hour (6,600 US Gallons per hour)
- We can configure the connection to suit your pump.
- The 25K316SS oil skimmer is designed to withstand rugged treatment.
- Can be used in open water, oceans, lakes, dams, ponds, bilges, e.t.c..
- Complimentary light weight plastic trash guard included
- 12 month warranty
Construction / Manufacture
The 25K316SSB is constructed from heavy duty marine grade 2mm 316 stainless steel which is resistant to a large array of corrosive chemicals.It is able to withstand high water temperatures and a wide variety of solvents including hydrocarbon-based materials as well as salt and caustic solutions.
The self adjusting concertina head is made from polypropylene and PVC plastic as are all tubes and threaded fitting.The steel floats sealed with a removable polypropylene screw-in plug.
The floats are ballasted using water (1.5ltrs of water per float initially) to hold the skimmer steady at the required depth. The water ballast inside the floats also stabilizes the oil skimmer.
Pipes, connections and tubing used are from Polypropylene and or polyethylene.
The 25K316SSB floating surface skimmer comes complete with a self-adjusting floating head. The standard floating head used is made using a polypropylene fabric concertina connected to a rigid circular PVC head that floats at the surface. As water is drawn down through the concertina it automatically adjusts its vertical height position relative to the water’s surface to allow the required amount of water (as drawn by the pump) to pass over it. The depth to which the circular weir positions below the surface of the water is known as the “cut”. The less the amount being pumped the finer the cut.